Chamath Palihapitiya (@chamath), CEO of Social Capital, and Reid Hoffman (@reidhoffman), partner at Greylock, joined Village Global co-founder and partner Ben Casnocha at a special Village Global event.
Angel Island brought together 100+ angel investors for talks from world-class investors, discussions, and opportunities to make new connections.
In this session they discussed:
- What is broken about venture and how to fix it.
- Why Reid is backing new experiments in venture.
- Their thoughts on the solo GP phenomenon.
- How to think about risk when evaluating an investment.
- Whether they're long or short Silicon Valley.
- Why SPACs are here to stay.
- How to think about diversification in an angel portfolio.
- The state of pricing across different rounds.