Today marked a pioneering moment for Cadillac that illuminates the brand’s future and resets the fundamental notions of luxury motoring. The production debut of the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is the culmination of a century of innovation and the beginning of a great new era. With testing of Cadillac’s inaugural electric luxury SUV running ahead of schedule, the brand announced that customers may place order reservations beginning in September 2021, with initial availability starting the first half of 2022.
At launch, LYRIQ will be available with premier technologies and stirring performance capabilities enabled by the vehicle’s dedicated electric architecture. A 12-module, 100 kilowatt-hour battery pack and a rear-wheel-drive Ultium Platform deliver a Cadillac-estimated 340 horsepower and 440 Nm of torque — and a Cadillac-estimated over 300 miles of range with a full charge.
LYRIQ also offers high-speed DC fast charging for public stations at 190 kW, enabling customers to add an estimated 76 miles of range in about 10 minutes of charging time. For home charging, LYRIQ offers a segment-leading 19.2 kW charging module, which can add up to 52 miles of range per hour of charge.
To help customers take full control of their electric driving experience, LYRIQ will feature next-generation variable Regen on Demand technology, along with the convenience of One-Pedal Driving. With Cadillac’s new variable Regen on Demand, drivers can control how quickly LYRIQ slows down or comes to a complete stop using a pressure-sensitive paddle located on the steering wheel. Both technologies make use of regenerative braking to help maximize electric driving efficiency.
Additional 2023 LYRIQ highlights include:
▪ Available Super Cruise, the industry’s first true hands-free driver-assistance technology for compatible roads
▪ A stunning 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display with the ability to emit over 1 billion colors
▪ Cadillac’s next-generation Active Noise Cancellation system
▪ Slim-line LED headlamps with choreographed lighting sequence
▪ AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system with headrest speakers
▪ KeyPass digital vehicle access
▪ Dual level charge cord
▪ Standard 20-inch split six-spoke alloy wheels or optional 22-inch dynamic split-spoke Reverse Rim alloy wheels
Customers will be able to select from Satin Steel Metallic or Stellar Black Metallic exterior colors, and Sky Cool Gray or Noir for the interior.
The interior is clean and simple with a focus on secondary and tertiary design elements, including intricate laser etched patterns through wood over metal decor, which has never been done before. The large, curved LED screen is the centerpiece and all the components are incorporated artfully, blurring the lines of separation among technology, lighting and decor.
Perhaps the most striking example of Cadillac’s next iteration of brand styling is its distinctive black crystal grille.
The signature vertical lighting is emphasized through lighting choreography. The exterior lighting is a major technological breakthrough, allowing Cadillac to deliver on the promise of truly vertical lamps, an industry first.
The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ is expected to go into production in the first quarter of 2022, with pricing starting at $59,990. It will be produced at GM’s Spring Hill, Tennessee assembly facility, which is receiving a $2 billion investment to support electric vehicle production. An additional $2.3 billion is being invested in an all-new battery cell manufacturing plant at Spring Hill, by Ultium Cells LLC, the joint venture between GM and LG Energy Solution.
A new ad campaign featuring the 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ debuts April 25, during the Oscars broadcast.
Cadillac Lyriq Preliminary Specifications:
▪ Length/width/height/wheelbase – 196.7/77.8/63.9/121.8 in
▪ Curb weight – 5,610 ln
▪ Cargo volume – 28.0 cu-ft
▪ Engine – Permanent magnet electric motor
▪ Max output – 340 hp (255 kW)
▪ Max torque – 325 lb-ft (44 Nm)
▪ Transmission – Single-speed, RWD
▪ Battery capacity – 100 kWh
▪ Estimated driving range – More than 300 miles
▪ Charging at 120 V – 3.5 miles of range per hour of charge time
▪ Charging at 240 V (11.5 kW AC) – 31 miles of range per hour of charge time
▪ Charging at 240V (19.2 kW AC) – 52 miles of range per hour of charge time
▪ Charging at DC Fast Charge – Up to 76 miles of range in 10 minutes of charge time
▪ Charging at DC Fast Charge – Up to 195 miles of range in 30 minutes of charge time