Subscribe to this channel to get notified of live broadcasts and latest video releases - See other Khutbah's by Sh. Yasir Qadhi here: http://bit.ly/1TGylzg
In this video, Sh. Dr. Yasir Qadhi discusses the 7 wisdoms of calamities, from the perspective of a Believer (Muslim). These are part of a larger list as authored by Al-Izz Ibn Abdus-Salam, a 13th century scholar of Islam. In part II of the khutbah, the people of Al-Ghouta (in Syria) are mentioned, their calamities, Islamic perspective and significance of this land as it is related to the end of times.
-Why is there pain, why is there suffering?
-What did Allah say to the angels when they asked such a question?
-How do we approach evil and suffering?
-If we don't have humility and faith, we may reject God due to arrogance.
-By rejecting God due to the existence of evil, you introduce an infinite long list of complex questions you have no answers for.
Seven (7) wisdoms of calamities and pain in this world:
1) Demonstrates lordship - you are not all-powerful, God is.
2) Appreciate that we are the servants of God, shows who is God
3) The religiosity, eman, taqwa, du'a and calling to God that comes as a result.
4) Brings out the best of character (akhlaq) in a person (of patience, generosity, etc)
5) Allah allows 3rd parties to demonstrate generosity, testing those who are not afflicted (lots of wealth, time, good health, etc)
6) Appreciating the blessings and ease that we have on a daily basis. We learn to be thankful to Allah.
7) Blessings of Allah on day of Judgment due to pain in this world.
If you don't believe in day of judgment, you won't believe the wisdom of pain/evil in this world.
Learn more about Al-Izz Abdus Salam here: http://bit.ly/2FflORM
Presented on February 23, 2018 @ Memphis Islamic Center
Please help MIC produce additional beneficial and educational content such as this presentation by visiting us at www.MemphisIslamicCenter.org/donate
This presentation may not be modified or used without the explicit permission of MIC